Posted to users@maven.apache.org by John Cartwright <Jo...@noaa.gov> on 2007/08/18 01:44:44 UTC

problem w/ remote deploy - Host key verification failed

Hello All,

I'm trying to execute "mvn deploy"  and getting an error about the "Host
key verification failed".  I've tried the instructions in various
threads on this topic but still haven't had any success (see message
below).  I can successfully ssh to the remote host w/o a password.  I
have the <repository> and <snapshotRepository> defined in my
<distributionManagement> section of my pom.xml and a <server> section in
my settings.xml associating the username w/ the repository id.  Can
anyone help me here or provide pointers to resources on the subject?

Thanks!

-- john

[INFO] Retrieving previous build number from panther_repo
[WARNING] repository metadata for: 'snapshot
gov.noaa.eds:helloWorld:1.0-SNAPSHOT' could not be retrieved from
repository: panther_repo due to an error: Exit code: 1 - Host key
verification failed.

Re: problem w/ remote deploy - Host key verification failed

Posted by John Cartwright <Jo...@noaa.gov>.
OK, I seem to have found the problem - use of unqualified hostname in
.ssh/known_hosts and fully-qualified name in the
<distributionManagement> of POM.

Contrary to other reports, I did not find that I needed to specify the
<username> in a <server> section of the settings.xml

-- john

Posted by John Cartwright <Jo...@noaa.gov>.

Posted by John Cartwright <Jo...@noaa.gov>.

Posted by John Cartwright <Jo...@noaa.gov>.