Posted to xmlbeans-dev@xml.apache.org by Joseph Hindsley <jh...@providerlink.com> on 2004/06/29 15:35:11 UTC

Upload build to maven repository?

I was wondering if the powers responsible for the build would also be willing to publish the
jar in the maven repository on ibiblio. The instructions for doing this are provided by
the maven team at http://maven.apache.org/repository-upload.html.

Here's a first pass at a project.xml to include (more info at
http://maven.apache.org/reference/project-descriptor.html):

<project>
    <groupId>xmlbeans</groupId>
    <id>xmlbeans</id>
    <name>XMLBeans</name>
    <currentVersion>1.0.3</currentVersion>
    <dependencies/>
</project>

Thanks,

Joe Hindsley

Re: Upload build to maven repository?

Posted by robert burrell donkin <rd...@apache.org>.
On 29 Jun 2004, at 19:34, Joseph Hindsley wrote:

<snip>

> I gathered from an earlier thread that the apache group has plans to
> maintain the various projects' builds in their own repository; but,
> haven't found a link to follow up on that information. Until they do
> create the repository, the people using Maven would surely appreciate
> having the latest and greatest XMLBeans build appear on ibiblio as they
> are released by the XMLBeans group.

the good news is that the ASF java repository is in operation and it's
now the right way for ASF projects to make their jars available for
maven. the bad news is that the process still has more than a few
wrinkles and is undocumented.

the mailing list is repository at apache dot org. if the release
manager from xmlbeans is willing to upload the release artifacts to
their home directory on minotaur (and no one else fancies volunteering
to take this one on) i'll see what i can do (since i've a release or
two that needs to be uploaded as well).

oh yes - the pmc needs to give permission for this.

- robert

Re: Upload build to maven repository?

Posted by robert burrell donkin <rd...@apache.org>.

Posted by Joseph Hindsley <jh...@providerlink.com>.
Hey Dutta,

Sorry for the confusion. I wasn't talking about the maven plugin -
though that's great that it's going to be published soon! I was talking
about the newly released xmlbeans-1.0.3.jar being added to the maven
repository on ibiblio.

The maven repository is where your maven projects find the component
jars they depend on. Right now ibiblio has a 1.0 version of xmlbeans and
I'm not sure who added that or what version it really is
(http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/xmlbeans/jars/).

Posted by Joseph Hindsley <jh...@providerlink.com>.
Hey Dutta,

Posted by Dutta Satadip <s-...@sbcglobal.net>.