Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Chris Stillwell <Ch...@wcom.com> on 2001/03/08 23:04:05 UTC

Problems running on AIX

I get the following exception running ant when the
jakarta-ant-1.3-optional.jar is in the
$ANT_HOME/lib directory.  Any ideas?

Buildfile: build.xml
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.VerifyError: (class:
org/apache/tools/ant/t
askdefs/optional/ide/VAJExport, method: getWorkspaceScanner signature:
()Lorg/ap
ache/tools/ant/taskdefs/optional/ide/VAJWorkspaceScanner;) Incompatible
object a
rgument for function call
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.init(Project.java:163)
nwvibm00-e1 : /home/databus $

Re: Problems running on AIX

Posted by Glenn McAllister <gl...@somanetworks.com>.
Chris Stillwell wrote:

> The interesting thing is that I'm not trying to run the vajexport task.
> If I remove the jakarta-ant-1.3-optional.jar, then everything works fine.

Hmm... that sounds very odd.

> Here is the test build.xml I'm running:
>
> <project name="Test" default="help" basedir=".">
>
>   <!-- set global properties for this build -->
>
>   <property name="src"  value="${basedir}/src" />
>   <property name="lib" value="${basedir}/lib" />
>   <property name="dest" value="${basedir}/classes" />
>
>   <!--
> =================================================================== -->
>   <!-- Help - Default
>       -->
>   <!--
> =================================================================== -->
>   <target name="help">
>      <echo>
>       This is a Test build file for Ant.
>       Usage: ant "target-name"
>      </echo>
>   </target>
>
>   <target name="prepare">
>     <!-- Create the time stamp -->
>     <tstamp/>
>     <!-- Create the build directory structure used by compile -->
>     <!-- mkdir dir="${build}" /-->
>   </target>
> </project>

I got the 1.3 dist and the optional jar.  I tried your build file but didn't
encounter the error.  I even added a reference to the vajexport task, and the
error I got was the standard "unable to load" bit.  The caveat to that is I'm
running Linux, not AIX.

Can anyone else running AIX (presumably 4.x.x or later) verify this bug.  I
haven't had access to an AIX box for some time now.

Glenn

RE: Problems running on AIX

> I get the following exception running ant when the
> jakarta-ant-1.3-optional.jar is in the
> $ANT_HOME/lib directory.  Any ideas?
>
> Buildfile: build.xml
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.VerifyError: (class:
> org/apache/tools/ant/t
> askdefs/optional/ide/VAJExport, method: getWorkspaceScanner signature:
> ()Lorg/ap
> ache/tools/ant/taskdefs/optional/ide/VAJWorkspaceScanner;) Incompatible
> object a
> rgument for function call
>         at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.init(Project.java:163)
>         at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.runBuild(Main.java:387)
>         at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.main(Main.java:149)
> nwvibm00-e1 : /home/databus $

Why are you trying to run the vajexport task from outside VAJ?  It depends
on the workspace classes that are (effectively) only available from within
the IDE.  You can't use this task from a command line build file.  The
easiest way to use it is to load everything into your repository, then use
Wolf's et. al.'s build launcher.

See http://jakarta.apache.org/ant/manual/Integration/VAJAntTool.html for
details.

Glenn