Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ashish Kulkarni <as...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/18 16:21:03 UTC

[OT] Bandwidth calculation

HiI have to find out how much data is transferred between the client and web
application server and from web application server and database, i want to
find out KB or MB of data per webpage request or per session.

I need to prepare a report for networking team to make sure that the
webapplication will work properly in intranet and not cause any traffice
jams

Does anyone have any idea on how to do this? any tools?
Any help is appreciated

Re: [OT] Bandwidth calculation

Posted by Ramanathan RV <ra...@gmail.com>.
If you have hosted your container behind a web server like apache, the logs
from the web-server would give you the measure. If not, then you could write
a filter that intercepts all requests and dumps the size of the response.

Thanks
Ram

Posted by Burton Rhodes <bu...@gmail.com>.

--