Posted to user@shiro.apache.org by chrisspilio <ch...@katoptron.com> on 2012/12/12 18:06:46 UTC

Distributed session notifications

Hi all,

  I have the following scenario.  I'm developing 2 web modules that share
sessions through a Terracotta cluster (SSO).  The first component provides
login / signup functionality through social networks while the second one is
the actual app that embeds the first component as an <iframe/> and re-uses
the sessions it creates through the distributed cache instance.

My problem is that I couldn't find a proper way for the login component to
get notified when the user logs out of the web app (second module) and
closes the shared session.  Although when a session is closed a new one is
created (anonymous Subject) and both modules are sharing it again as
expected, I need to do some clean up work in the first module at the exact
time when the user is logged out.

I'm using the EnterpriseCacheSessionDAO implementation with EHCache but it
seems there are no listeners available for receiving this type of
notification through the shared cache instance.  The other obvious way of
achieving this I guess, is through an explicit call which is not something I
would be in favor of.

Has anyone come across a similar scenario and has any suggestions?

  Kind regards,
  Chris