Posted to dev@drill.apache.org by Harrison Mebane <ha...@svds.com> on 2016/10/11 16:21:02 UTC

Allowing configuration of advertised hostname

I filed a JIRA on this (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DRILL-4935?filter=-2), but I am
posting here as well for visibility.

I have just completed a distributed installation of Drill on an existing
cluster, with each drillbit in its own Docker container.  This required an
alteration to the Drill source code to allow for the drillbits to advertise
a different host address (i.e. the Docker host address) to Zookeeper.
Otherwise, Zookeeper just receives the IP of the Docker containers
themselves, and the containers are unable to communicate with each other
directly.  I have added a configuration
parameter, 'drill.exec.rpc.bit.advertised.host', and modified the code to
use this variable as the host address when populated.

If there is interest in incorporating this property into the main Drill
codebase, I am happy to submit a pull request.

Thanks,
Harrison

Re: Allowing configuration of advertised hostname

Posted by Parth Chandra <pa...@apache.org>.
Hi Harrison,

  Yes, a patch would be useful for this. (Sorry for getting to this so late)

Parth