Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Jake Churchill <re...@gmail.com> on 2013/12/20 00:26:54 UTC

Apple's XCode 5 requirement

Guys,

I got a notice from Apple this week that all apps need to be built using
XCode 5 and optimized for iOS7.  I use FlashBuilder 4.7 and I've got the
flex 4.6 SDK that came with it but I've upgraded the AIR SDK to 3.9 and
compiled against that.  Will that be enough to satisfy this requirement or
will an upgraded version of FlashBuilder or compiler be needed?

Thanks for any insights.

-Jake

Re: Re:Apple's XCode 5 requirement

Posted by bkelley <br...@gmail.com>.
Using AIR 3.9 should solve your issues.  We have an app in the app store
right now that is using AIR 3.9 and had no issues from apple at all.  Adobe
made sure that AIR apps compiled with 3.9 were iOS 7 compatable.

Good Luck!

Re:Apple's XCode 5 requirement

Posted by DarkStone <da...@163.com>.
Hi Jake,

Well, I think this will depend on Adobe AIR SDK's IPA compiler.

This is a pretty intense policy for all the Flex developers that want to sell apps to the AppStore.

Can someone from Adobe say something about it?

DarkStone

Posted by bkelley <br...@cleantelligent.com>.
Dana White wrote
> My interpretation of the letter is that any apps that are submitted after
> Feb. 1 must be created with XCode 5 and optimized for iOS 7. In other
> words, after Feb. 1, Apple will refuse to approve any apps that have
> skeuomorphic UIs.

Ah, your talking about the Feb. 1 deadline.  I thought you (Jake) had
submitted an app to the app store recently and got rejected with that
response.  As for the Feb. 1 deadline, it seems to be a pretty mixed bag of
interpretation from most people.  Looks like no one is quite sure if that
means an entire UI change is required or not. Guess we will soon find out.
Maybe push any critical updates to your current apps out before Feb. 1st
just to be safe, until there is a clear understanding of what Apple will
require.

Re: Apple's XCode 5 requirement

Posted by Dana White <da...@me.com>.
My interpretation of the letter is that any apps that are submitted after Feb. 1 must be created with XCode 5 and optimized for iOS 7. In other words, after Feb. 1, Apple will refuse to approve any apps that have skeuomorphic UIs.

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by bkelley <br...@cleantelligent.com>.

Jake Churchill wrote