Posted to dev@trafficserver.apache.org by "Adam W. Dace" <co...@gmail.com> on 2015/02/12 05:12:42 UTC

TS-2729 - Add HTTP/2 support to ATS

Sorry to bug everyone, but I just wanted to ask a couple of quick questions
about HTTP 2.0 and Traffic Server.

I did some quick testing with Firefox 35 and Google's sites recently.
Using Live HTTP Headers I saw some responses with the happy-looking
"HTTP/2.0" string in there.

It got me thinking:

1) For those with a forward-only proxy, will the patches being worked on
affect them?  Or does the HTTP/2 traffic simply "pass through" like SSL
currently does today?

2) Is it intended that these patches will be complete and ready-to-go for
Traffic Server v5.3.0?

The reason I ask is that Google will be enabling HTTP/2 in Chrome sometime
in the "coming weeks" and I'd like to use the new protocol as much as
possible.

I'm wondering once more if I should be running "master" again once Google
deploys their feature.

Thanks!

Regards,

Adam