Posted to dev@river.apache.org by Phillip Rhodes <mo...@gmail.com> on 2020/07/02 20:35:05 UTC

Failure in the existing Maven build due to non-existent repository

Folks:

I was trying to get the existing Maven build working, for my own
edification, regardless of what eventually happens with the initiative
to create a Gradle build. But I found a problem that I think will
impact a Gradle build (or anything that relies on pulling dependencies
from remote repositories) as well.

Specifically, in the pom.xml files, there is a repository defined like this:

        <repository>
                   <id>boundary-site</id>
                   <url>http://maven.boundary.com/artifactory/repo</url>
       </repository>

with a note saying "Required for the use of
org.cliffc.high_scale_lib.NonBlockingHashMap in river-platform"

Unfortunately, there is no Maven repository at that site. Attempting
to load it yields a "this domain may be for sale" page.

I'm not sure if this code is even available anywhere else, as the
module in question au.net.Zeus.custard-apple is not listed in the
index at mvnrepository.com

Thoughts?

Phil

This message optimized for indexing by NSA PRISM

Re: Failure in the existing Maven build due to non-existent repository

Posted by Phillip Rhodes <mo...@gmail.com>.
OK, for what it's worth, it appears that that class is now part of the
com.boundary.high-scale-libs dependency, so I just took out that
non-existent repository, bumped the reference to high-scale-libs to
what appears to be the latest (1.0.6) and commented out the
custard-apple reference. The build makes it further now, but fails
with a different error.  :-(

Phil