Posted to attendees@apachecon.com by Sander Temme <sa...@temme.net> on 2003/11/11 22:29:06 UTC

Reminder: Apachecon 2003 PGP Keysigning

Dear fellow Apachecon attendee,

This is a reminder to send in your key for participation in the
Apachecon 2003 PGP Keysigning Event. The original announcement was
sent a week ago. If you would like to participate, please e-mail your
public key to me for inclusion in the list.

The Keysigning Event will take place on Monday, November 17 2003 at
7:30 PM at the Apachecon venue. A specific room will be announced at
the conference.

P R E P A R A T I O N

1) E-mail your key to me at <sc...@apache.org>.
2) I will compile a list of the fingerprints of all the keys I
   receive and make this list available for download. You will
   receive an e-mail message with the download URL. For convenience,
   a keyring containing all the keys on the list will be made
   available as well.
3) You download the list, take its SHA-1 checksum, print out a
   hardcopy of both the list and the checksum and bring those to the
   conference. This is very important: no physical copies of the list
   will be available at the keysigning event.
4) Verify that your entry in the list is correct.

W H A T  T O  B R I N G

1) The printed list
2) Your checksum of the downloaded list file
3) A pen. Or two. Maybe different colors. Go to town.
4) Some form of ID... passport, driver's license, unique pheromone
   pattern, anything that will convince your fellow participants
   of your identity. Note that it is up to each participant's
   judgement whether your ID has been sufficiently verified to sign
   your key.
5) No computer.

No computer? No. Don't bring your computer to the event. No keys are
actually signed at the event. Really paranoid fellow participants
will point to the dangers of shouldersurfing for your private key
passphrase, and the presence of computers at the signing event would
interfere with the smooth progress thereof. We all spend too much
time with our computers anyway.

More information on the event can be found at the Apachecon wiki:

http://apachecon.com/wiki/index.php/PGPKeySigning

Mail me your key! Today! Hope to see you at Apachecon!

Regards,

Sander Temme

- --