Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Chris Howell <ch...@pyxisinnovation.com> on 2007/08/30 16:46:43 UTC

[users@httpd] mod_python

Hi All,

I've installed the Apache webserver 2.2.4 onto a machine. I am trying to
get the python mod working for the apache webserver.  I installed
mod_python-3.3.1, for windows and I have the correct version of Python
installed. I did everything the install asked me to do, when I edited my
httpd.conf file for apache I added this line

LoadModule python_module modules/mod_python.so

Where all of the other load modules happen, to be.

So I shut the apache server down and I restarted it when I restart the
server I get this error message.

"Cannot load C:/Program Files/Apache Software
Foundations/Apache2.2/modules/mod_python.so into server. The specified
procedure could not be found.

When I went to the modules directory, under the apache root, the
mod_python.so file does exist so I am not sure what the problem is or
what the solution is. Any light someone could shed on this would be
greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Chris Howell
Software Engineer
the PYXIS innovation - /Common Ground for Digital Earth /
Kingston, Ontario
w: www.pyxisinnovation.com

Re: [users@httpd] mod_python

Posted by Jeff Peng <je...@gmx.net>.
-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 12:01:02 -0400
> Von: Chris Howell <ch...@pyxisinnovation.com>
> An: users@httpd.apache.org
> Betreff: Re: [users@httpd] mod_python

> Sorry, what I meant was the directory is like htis
>
> Apache
>    Modules
>      mod_python.so
>
> It is under the modules dir.

It's hard to say what's the problems only by the info you provided.
I once installed mod_python with apache2 on Linux,it went well.
Can you give a try to compile mod_python as apache's static module rather than DSO method?

Re: [users@httpd] mod_python

Posted by Chris Howell <ch...@pyxisinnovation.com>.

Re: [users@httpd] mod_python

Posted by Chris Howell <ch...@pyxisinnovation.com>.
That's what I am going to do.

Re: [users@httpd] mod_python

Posted by Brian Munroe <br...@gmail.com>.

Re: [users@httpd] mod_python

Posted by Chris Howell <ch...@pyxisinnovation.com>.
My mistake there is no "s" it is just Apache Software Foundation//blah!

I download Python 2.5 from Python.org and
the mod_python from.

www.modpython.org

I did not, alter any paths from the default install. So I am very
bewildered.

Cheers
Chris

Re: [users@httpd] mod_python