Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Andrew McIntyre <mc...@gmail.com> on 2006/04/12 22:56:41 UTC

10.1.3 planning

So, recently I suggested that with Rick dropping plans for 10.2 for
now, that we should have another maintenance release on the 10.1
branch.

So, in preparation for 10.1.3, I'd like to suggest to everyone here on
the dev list to review the open bugs listed as affecting 10.1. I've
shared a filter in JIRA called 10.1 open bugs to make it easy. I'd
like to start targetting specific issues to be fixed for 10.1.3 by
marking their Fix In field to 10.1.3.

We should also go through the list of closed issues since 10.1.2 and
see if there are any candidates for merging over to the branch. I've
noticed that with the recent updates to the Fix In fields for issues
that a few people specifically commented that they thought the fix was
appropriate for 10.1.3, thanks for that.

As for time frames, I'd like to give a good amount of time, say 8
weeks, for people to pick up some of these open issues and fix them,
and also, I'm out of the country the first week of June, so I'd like
to shoot for a release candidate in mid-June when I get back.

Questions, comments, suggestions?

andrew

Re: 10.1.3 planning

Posted by Andrew McIntyre <mc...@gmail.com>.
On 4/13/06, Michelle Caisse <Mi...@sun.com> wrote:

>  Are you sure this filter is shared?

It was shared with the derby-developers group. It's now shared globally.

> I've put links to filters in JIRA and elsewhere and they seem to work.

I remember we had trouble with them before. JIRA has been upgraded
several times since then, so maybe it was fixed somewhere along the
way.

> Do you know if it's possible to add a filter to the Preset Filters list?

No, as far as I know there is not. I checked the JIRA docs and they
don't mention how to edit that part of the layout.

andrew

Re: 10.1.3 planning

Posted by Michelle Caisse <Mi...@Sun.COM>.
Hi Andrew,

Are you sure this filter is shared?  When I click the link, I get "You
do not have the permission to view the selected private filter."

I believe that you can link to filters.  I've put links to filters in
JIRA and elsewhere and they seem to work.  Do you know if it's possible
to add a filter to the Preset Filters list?

-- Michelle

Re: 10.1.3 planning

Posted by Andrew McIntyre <mc...@gmail.com>.

Re: 10.1.3 planning

Posted by Bryan Pendleton <bp...@amberpoint.com>.
Andrew McIntyre wrote:
> So, in preparation for 10.1.3, I'd like to suggest to everyone here on
> the dev list to review the open bugs listed as affecting 10.1. I've
> shared a filter in JIRA called 10.1 open bugs to make it easy. I'd

Can you post an URL or something, Andrew? I tried going to
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY and looking at places like
"Preset Filters" but I didn't see an obvious place that was the thing
you referred to.

thanks,

bryan