Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Cheltenham, Chris" <cc...@philasd.org> on 2018/04/20 12:32:22 UTC

setupenv.sh

Hello,

I have been trying to find out what this meand starting up Tomcat to no
avail.

Please help.

I mean -d64 that is.

JAVA_OPTS="-d64"

===========================

Thank You;

Chris Cheltenham
Technology Services
The School District of Philadelphia

Work # 215-400-5025
Cell # 215-301-6571

RE: setupenv.sh

Posted by "Cheltenham, Chris" <cc...@philasd.org>.
I see thank you.

Seems like a unneeded option unless you are running multiple platforms on
the same machine.

===========================

Posted by Niranjan Babu Bommu <ni...@gmail.com>.

--
*Thanks*
*Niranjan*

RE: setupenv.sh

Posted by "Cheltenham, Chris" <cc...@philasd.org>.
Thanks buddy I assumed that but you never know, and I don't like to
assume.

Posted by Robert Sulliman <ro...@sjrb.ca>.
Hello,

Running 'man java' should answer this question:

       -d32
           Runs the application in a 32-bit environment. If a 32-bit environment is not installed or is not supported, then an error will be reported.
           By default, the application is run in a 32-bit environment unless a 64-bit system is used.

       -d64
           Runs the application in a 64-bit environment. If a 64-bit environment is not installed or is not supported, then an error will be reported.