Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2006/04/25 00:42:24 UTC

[Struts Wiki] Update of "ShaleCoreLibrary" by WendySmoak

Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by WendySmoak:
http://wiki.apache.org/struts/ShaleCoreLibrary

The comment on the change is:
Record another one of Craig's answers. :)

+ = Shale Core Library =
+
- == Shale Core Library JSF Components and Tags ==
+ == JSF Components and Tags ==

   * [http://struts.apache.org/struts-shale/shale-core/tagreference-taglib.html Tag Reference]

@@ -14, +16 @@

    </h:form>
  }}}

+ == View Controller ==
+
+ === When to use init(), preprocess() and prerender() ===
+
+   In [http://www.nabble.com/Re%3A-Shale-AbstractViewController-for-Dummies-p4073019.html this thread], Craig suggests asking yourself the following questions:
+    1. Do I need the results of this computation in order to process a form submit?
+    1. Do I need the results of this computation in order to render the page?
+
+   Then, based on your answers,
+    * Use init() for ''(1) and (2)''
+    * Use preprocess() for ''(1) only''
+    * Use prerender() for ''(2) only''
+