Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by mm...@lycos-inc.com on 2000/10/16 15:06:20 UTC

xslt multinode lookahead/pruning?

Hi...

     back again with more newbie xslt questions...

     we have this annoying provider with an annoying habit.
Around the body of stuff they send us in xml they put

<PRE>....</PRE>

we've asked them to turn it into straight up <PRE>....</PRE>
but they won't...

     my question is what's the best way to get xslt to do
it for me?  i'd have to have some way of looking ahead at least
3 nodes if i want to handle each tag separately (entity, text=PRE,
entity)...

     i'm just starting to look at the source for the Xalan
redirect extension, but i'm finding it runs down a lot of the
internal classes and I'm not familiar with all of them...

     any suggestions?

thanks
-mark