Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/12 00:34:35 UTC

Using Hudson zone for Tuscany Automated Builds

We have made various efforts to get our automated build build (see
last one [1]) going in the Apache Continnum environment (vmbuild1),
but it looks like we are always finding issues, etc, etc

I'd like to start experimenting with the Apache Hudson environment
[2], and have created a automated build for our 2.x code stream [3]
which is building OK after I workarounded an issue described in
TUSCANY-3015.

If people are ok with this move, I'll start exploring this more and
try to enabled :
 - snapshot deployments
 - build failure notifications

Then, once we are glad with the results, I'll apply the same for the
1.x code stream...

Thoughts ?

[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@tuscany.apache.org/msg04923.html
[2] http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/
[3] http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/job/Tuscany-2x/

--
Luciano Resende
Apache Tuscany, Apache PhotArk

Re: Using Hudson zone for Tuscany Automated Builds

Posted by Dan Becker <da...@gmail.com>.
+1

I use Hudson in my current assignment. Not only is it easy to automate
the builds, but you can see passing and failing unit tests and deltas
from the previous build. You also can see the commits that are
introduced into the build.

It's very easy for a developer or build captain or release manager to
track changes.

--
Thanks, Dan
email: mailto://dan.o.becker@gmail.com

Re: Using Hudson zone for Tuscany Automated Builds

Posted by Adriano Crestani <ad...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com>.
+1.

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 4:37 AM, Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 3:34 PM, Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> We have made various efforts to get our automated build build (see
>> last one [1]) going in the Apache Continnum environment (vmbuild1),
>> but it looks like we are always finding issues, etc, etc
>>
>> I'd like to start experimenting with the Apache Hudson environment
>> [2], and have created a automated build for our 2.x code stream [3]
>> which is building OK after I workarounded an issue described in
>> TUSCANY-3015.
>>
>> If people are ok with this move, I'll start exploring this more and
>> try to enabled :
>>  - snapshot deployments
>>  - build failure notifications
>>
>> Then, once we are glad with the results, I'll apply the same for the
>> 1.x code stream...
>>
>> Thoughts ?
>>
>> [1] http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@tuscany.apache.org/msg04923.html
>> [2] http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/
>> [3] http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/job/Tuscany-2x/
>>
>> --
>
> I have enabled 1.x build and it's available at [4]. I have also
> enabled notification, but looks like that is causing some span in our
> list, so I have disabled it until I figure out how to control the
> number of e-mails sent to our dev-list.
>
> [4] http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/job/Tuscany-1x/
>

> --
> Luciano Resende
> Apache Tuscany, Apache PhotArk
> http://people.apache.org/~lresende
> http://lresende.blogspot.com/

Thanks Luciano

I'm already starting to prefer the Hudson environment.

Simon

Re: Using Hudson zone for Tuscany Automated Builds

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.