Posted to dev@pdfbox.apache.org by Andreas Lehmkuehler <an...@lehmi.de> on 2015/07/01 20:03:28 UTC

Apache PDFBox July 2015 board report due

Hi,

find attached a quick draft of the board report we're expected to submit this
month. It's based upon the report template which can be found at [1]

@Tilman
Please provide a status about GSoC 2015

Any further comments, objections or additions?

<draft>

Report from the Apache PDFBox project [Andreas Lehmkühler]

    The Apache PDFBox library is an open source Java tool for working with
    PDF documents.

## Activity:

  - the work on our next major release 2.0.0 is an ongoing effort
  - our plan to cut a first release candidate in April didn't come true
  - we are down to round about 25 tickets for 2.0.0

## Issues:

  - there are no issues requiring board attention at this time

## PMC/Committership changes:

  - Currently 16 committers and 16 PMC members in the project.
  - Last PMC addition was John Hewson at Tue Feb 11 2014
  - Last committer addition was John Hewson at Fri Feb 07 2014

## Releases:

  - Last release was 1.8.9 on Sat Mar 28 2015

## Mailing list activity:

  - users@pdfbox.apache.org:

  - dev@pdfbox.apache.org:
     - 148 subscribers (down -2 in the last 3 months):

## JIRA activity:

</draft>

BR
Andreas Lehmkühler

[1] https://reporter.apache.org/?pdfbox

Re: Apache PDFBox July 2015 board report due

Posted by Maruan Sahyoun <sa...@fileaffairs.de>.
Hi Andreas,

fine for me - nothing special I'm currently looking into for 1.8.10.

BR
Maruan

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.
Am 01.07.2015 um 20:03 schrieb Andreas Lehmkuehler:
> Hi,
>
> find attached a quick draft of the board report we're expected to
> submit this
> month. It's based upon the report template which can be found at [1]
>
> @Tilman
> Please provide a status about GSoC 2015

Project "PDFBOX-2530 improve PDFDebugger" is doing nicely, many useful
code contributions by the student have been committed, and benefits of
the improved PDFDebugger are already being felt. The best is that the
activities of the student have motivated other committers to provide
additional improvements, so the whole thing is now a group effort that
is expanded beyond the original targets.

Tilman