Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Tushar Chavan <tu...@hotmail.com> on 2011/05/15 13:33:17 UTC

[users@httpd] Loadbalacing between rewrite rule

Hi Experts,

Can we load balacing between rewrite rule?

e.g, can we  load balace between below rewrite rules.

RewriteRule ^/(sap\(.*)         http://webserver1:98/$1 [P,L]
RewriteRule ^/(sap\(.*)         http://webserver2:98/$1 [P,L]

Best Regards,
Tushar.

Re: [users@httpd] Loadbalacing between rewrite rule

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, May 15, 2011 at 7:33 AM, Tushar Chavan
<tu...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Experts,
>
> Can we load balacing between rewrite rule?
>
> e.g, can we  load balace between below rewrite rules.
>
> RewriteRule ^/(sap\(.*)         http://webserver1:98/$1 [P,L]
> RewriteRule ^/(sap\(.*)         http://webserver2:98/$1 [P,L]

Seems like a bad idea and doesn't even do anything basic as written.
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_proxy_balancer.html

If your traffic is modest, you could look at the # of seconds with a
rewritecond and pick webserver1 on even second and webserver2 on odd,
or write your own RewriteMap that returns webserver1 or webserver2
under whatever criteria you want.  But this is probably a dead end
compared to using a real load balancing solution.