Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Salih Gedik <me...@salih.xyz> on 2017/06/20 00:48:44 UTC

Contributing to code

Hi everyone,

I am a rising senior and been considering to contribute to the project
for a year but could not find an appropriate entry point. I have lots of
time to work on this project this year and would not want to miss the
chance. Could you committers please suggest me some branch to work on?
Thank you so much!

Salih Gedik

Re: Contributing to code

Posted by Jeff Jirsa <jj...@gmail.com>.
Also http://cassandra.apache.org/doc/latest/development/patches.html#patches

--
Jeff Jirsa

Re: Contributing to code

Posted by Ben Slater <be...@instaclustr.com>.
Hi Salih

Re: Contributing to code

Posted by Jeff Jirsa <jj...@gmail.com>.
At http://cassandra.apache.org/doc/latest/development/patches.html#patches
There's a link to "low hanging fruit" tickets

Look for one that seems contained and give it a shot. If you get stuck, send a link back here and ask for help.

--
Jeff Jirsa

Re: Contributing to code

Posted by "@Nandan@" <na...@gmail.com>.
Hi Salih,

If your query is related to some data modeling project in Cassandra in
which you want to work from scratch, then I have one requirement on which I
am going to start. If you like to join then it will be great to develop
from scratch and complete it.

Thanks.