Posted to torque-user@db.apache.org by Ludwig Magnusson <lu...@itcatapult.com> on 2009/04/24 08:59:18 UTC

Linux and case sensitivity

Hi!

I have been developing a webapp on a windows machine and it works fine.
Howerver, now I am moving it to a linux based envroment and I get a strange
problem. I am using turbine and all database operations that has anything to
do with the table turbine_user_group_role does not work. I catch a mysql
exception saying "the table myapp.TURBINE_USER_GROUP_ROLE" does not exist.

Can this have anything to do with case sensitivity? The table does exist in
my database (lower case)

The weird thing is that torque can read and write to all other tables in my
db.

Any ideas?

/Ludwig

RE: Linux and case sensitivity

Posted by Ludwig Magnusson <lu...@itcatapult.com>.
I'm using 3.3.
Doesn't really matter now, the problem is solved..

Posted by Thomas Fischer <fi...@seitenbau.net>.
> Right, but does torque handle that?
> It's strange that I define my table lower case but torque asks for it in
> upper case. I changed the definition of my turbine tables to upper case
and
> it works now. All my other tables are lower case and working properly...

Which torque version are we talking about ? I remember there was an issue
regarding table case, and I seem to remember it has been fixed/changed in
Torque 3.3. Please search Jira for the issue.

     Thomas

RE: Linux and case sensitivity

Exactly.  MySQL table names are case sensitive in Linux but not in Windows.

WILL

Posted by Will Glass-Husain <wg...@gmail.com>.