Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by abhishek reddy <ab...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/29 07:39:33 UTC

Regarding Document Versioning

hi every one,

Iam new to jackrabbit....

how to implement "Document versioning" concept or does java has any api for
the same . I have to maintain various documents and version them. If a
document is modified, it has to be saved as a new version, keeping the
original document as is. I have to version only some "x" documents. Is this
possible with Jackrabbit? If possible please guide me how to start?

need help thanks

--
Abhishek

Re: Regarding Document Versioning

Posted by Alexander Klimetschek <ak...@day.com>.
On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 07:39, abhishek reddy <ab...@gmail.com> wrote:
> how to implement "Document versioning" concept or does java has any api for
> the same . I have to maintain various documents and version them. If a
> document is modified, it has to be saved as a new version, keeping the
> original document as is. I have to version only some "x" documents. Is this
> possible with Jackrabbit? If possible please guide me how to start?

See the JCR 1.0 spec, section 8.2, or JCR 2.0, section 15:

http://www.day.com/specs/jcr/1.0/8.2_Versioning.html
http://www.day.com/specs/jcr/2.0/15_Versioning.html

Here is some basic sample code:
http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/ExamplesPage#Versioning_Basics