Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Neeme Praks <ne...@apache.org> on 2001/11/04 21:12:17 UTC

migration strategy from Loggable to LogEnabled?

Right now the whole Excalibur uses the deprecated Loggable and related
classes all over the place and these seems to be very little support for
LogEnabled.
The i18n package is also extending ExcaliburComponentSelector in some places
(that in turn extends AbstractLoggable) but I would like to port over to the
new API.
I would go in and do the changes to ExcaliburComponentSelector et al myself,
but I'm afraid that I might break something in backward-incompatible way...
So, most probably someone else (Berin probably :-)) will take care of these
issues..?

Any estimate on how soon that could happen?

Rgds,
Neeme

Re: migration strategy from Loggable to LogEnabled?

Posted by Paul Hammant <Pa...@yahoo.com>.
Neeme,

>Any estimate on how soon that could happen?

I'd personally be keen to see a migration of all sub projects that use
AbstractLoggable ASAP.

Regards,

- Paul H