Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Chris Howe <cj...@yahoo.com> on 2006/08/04 19:18:15 UTC

photo server and https

I'm using a photo server to take the load off of the
site's bandwidth.  The company logo is on the photo
server as well that only transports in http.  When the
customer goes to checkout using internet explorer,
every page asks if they want to display the insecure
items.  How can i resolve this while keeping the logo
on the photo server?

Re: photo server and https

Posted by rohit2006 <ro...@yahoo.com>.
hi Chris,

i don't think you have any option, other than to host the pictures on a
secure server. The image links need to have a https, it does not matter if
the SSL on the photo server belongs to another domain or a sub-domain.

rohit
Sent from the OFBiz - User forum at Nabble.com.

Re: photo server and https

Posted by "David E. Jones" <jo...@undersunconsulting.com>.
The only way is with to support HTTPS as well as HTTP on your photo
server, ie make sure everything on the page is encrypted. Some do
this by using their app server for the secure images, and then an
external content server for the non-secure ones. If you are using the
ofbizImageUrl stuff this is easy to setup as separate http/https
prefixes can be configured, but if not you'll have to write something
to handle this and point to the right place everywhere.

-David