Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Roberto Castro <ro...@cetip.com.br> on 2004/07/30 16:09:08 UTC

How to define a default value for a Maven argument?

Hi, all. I pass an argument to Maven(maven -Darg=xyz ....), but sometimes I'd like not to pass the argument and use a default value, so, I defined the default value in "project.properties" file, like this:
arg=defaultValue

Well, in "maven.xml" when I echoed the argument "arg", it shows me the correct value, i.e., "defaultValue", but when I performed an "if" comand to check if the argument was passed in CLI or not, it's always different from the value I defined in "project.properties".
Is there a work around for this situation?
	Thanks in advance.

     Roberto de Castro
     Analista de Suporte
     Cetip - Desus Rio de Janeiro
     +55 21 2276-7439
     mailto:robertoc@cetip.com.br

RE: How to define a default value for a Maven argument?

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ap...@carlos.cousas.net>.
Hi,

That should work, you probably have an error in your maven.xml

Regards

Carlos Sanchez
A Coruña, Spain

Oness Project