Posted to dev@fineract.apache.org by Saransh Sharma <sa...@muellners.com> on 2020/04/19 09:56:10 UTC

Gradle and Spring Upgrade

Hello everyone

I was able to perform a Spring Upgrade and Gradle Upgrade on
fineract-CN-anubis, there were some changes in the codebase also since many
things changed from the previous version of the spring and its dependency.

I know it might not be the correct path , i wish to have a feedback from
Juhan , so this is how i see ,

1. Upgrade Gradle
2. Upgrade Spring Dependency , i have used a plugin
 id "com.github.ben-manes.versions" version "0.28.0"
3. This allows me to perform an update without messing up with version
numbers.
4. After this obviously some methods and packages will be obsolete or
deprecated.
5. So updating those like for an eg:

import org.springframework.cloud.netflix.feign.FeignClient;
 import org.springframework.cloud.openfeign.FeignClient;

6. All tests are passing as of now

import org.springframework.cloud.netflix.feign.FeignClient;  import
org.springframework.cloud.openfeign.FeignClient;

https://github.com/apache/fineract-cn-anubis/compare/develop...muellners:develop

Let me know, I will send out an PR.

So, if this is the right approach then , i will be doing the rest of the
fineract-CN libs and services. If anyone wishes to help.
let me know

--

Saransh Sharma
*Research Partner*

The idea of separation of me and you is amazing.
*Company Website <https://www.muellners.com/>       **Company Linkedin
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/muellners>            *Company Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/muellners>

This mail is governed by Muellner®  Internet Private Limited's IT policy.
The information contained in this e-mail and any accompanying documents may
contain information that is confidential or otherwise protected from
disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, or if
the sender by reply e-mail and then delete this message, including any
attachments. Any dissemination, distribution or other use of the contents
of this message by anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly
prohibited. All messages sent to and from this e-mail address may be
monitored as permitted by applicable law and regulations to ensure
compliance with our internal policies and to protect our business. E-mails
are not secure and cannot be guaranteed to be error free as they can be
intercepted, amended, lost or destroyed, or contain viruses. You are deemed
to have accepted these risks if you communicate with us by e-mail.

Re: Gradle and Spring Upgrade

Posted by Juhan Aasaru <aa...@gmail.com>.
Great work!
I added my feedback to your PR here: