Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@gmail.com> on 2009/07/10 11:50:12 UTC

Deploy snapshots from Bamboo

L.S.,

In order to be able to deploy snapshots from our Bamboo CI server, I
opened a JIRA for INFRA a while ago to get repository.apache.org set
up for that.   The issue has now been resolved and I have received the
credentials to be used.
I'm not sure who's taking care of configuring the Bamboo build server,
but if you let me know I'll forward that information to him/her.

Regards,

Gert Vanthienen
------------------------
Open Source SOA: http://fusesource.com

Re: Deploy snapshots from Bamboo

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@gmail.com>.
L.S.,

In order to get this working from Bamboo, we need to have our deploy
credentials added to a settings.xml file on the Bamboo server.  I've
been in touch with one of the system administrators, but they are a
bit reluctant to add this kind of information/files to their servers.

Therefore, I would like to propose we keep Bamboo as our CI server,
but setting up additional nightly builds for deploying snapshots on
Apache's infrastructure.  Personally, I'm very happy with the way the
Hudson/Nexus combo at Apache works, so if nobody objects I'll set up
nightlies for Apache Felix Karaf and whatever other bits of Felix that
people would like to get nightly builds out for.

Regards,

Gert Vanthienen
------------------------

Posted by Stuart McCulloch <mc...@gmail.com>.
2009/7/14 Stuart McCulloch <mc...@gmail.com>

> 2009/7/14 Gert Vanthienen <ge...@gmail.com>
>
>> Stuart,
>>
>> My Bamboo user id is gertv, I'll gladly help out setting things up
>> (now or for future Felix projects).
>>

> OK you should now be able to setup Karaf builds
>

>> I'm also sending you the credentials, as you probably know your way
>> around in Bamboo already to get this thing working.
>>

> not sure about that, but I'll give it a go ;)

just to follow-up...

I wasn't able to find out where to add these credentials (I'm also away for
next 2 weeks)
hopefully you now have the access rights to add them, once you find out
where they go!

> Thanks,
>>
>> Gert Vanthienen
>> ------------------------
>> Open Source SOA: http://fusesource.com
>> Blog: http://gertvanthienen.blogspot.com/

>> > if you sign up at http://opensource.bamboo.atlassian.com then I can
>> give you
>> > access,
>> > alternatively send me the relevant details and I can update the build
>> plans
>> > accordingly
>> >
>> > Regards,

>> the