Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by frankr <fr...@aqon.com> on 2007/01/01 06:10:32 UTC

Network Connector over unreliable WAN connection

I'm trying to setup a network connector between 2 brokers over an unreliable
WAN connection (the internet). The first batch of messages (immediately
after startup) are sent over just fine, however the second batch (after a
short idle time) is never send. My connector configuration is as follows:

<networkConnector uri="static:(tcp://10.10.10.10:61616)"
	failover="false"
	name="conn1"
	dynamicOnly="true"
	conduitSubscriptions="false"
	decreaseNetworkConsumerPriority="false" >
		<dynamicallyIncludedDestinations>
			<queue physicalName="myapp/queue/inbound1"/>
		</dynamicallyIncludedDestinations>
</networkConnector>

I have a producer generating messages on the first broker and a consumer on
the second broker.

I tried this configuration and other variations on parameter settings
without avail. Tested both on v4.0.2 and 4.1.0 as well as 4.1.0 patched
according to AMQ-961, all without success.

I'm sure that I miss something in the configuration, however I am not able
to figure this one out.

How can I make the static network connector more resilient to network
hick-ups? Any input appreciated.