Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by ju...@wanadoo.fr on 2002/02/10 23:52:56 UTC

Developer needs help: Which offers more stability between Tomcat/JSP or PHP?

Hello,

I am a web developer and have no experience of running a web server in a
production environment.

My question is quite simple: we have to develop a website that's going to
use free open-source software and we just don't know what to choose between
Tomcat/JSP and PHP.

Bearing in mind that the site is going to run alongside other sites on a
shared web-hosting server, what is more stable between the above two
languages/application servers?

Thanks in advance for your comments and answers. (I know many things have to
be taken into account in order to answer my question...)

Julien Martin.

Re: Developer needs help: Which offers more stability between Tomcat/JSP or PHP?

Posted by Steven Pierce <pa...@speakeasy.net>.

Julien,

I think the first question would be what O/S is the server going to be
running??  I know you said it would be running Open Source, is that
for Apache, Linux, *BSD, MySQL??