Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by "Kudumula, Surender" <su...@hpe.com> on 2015/11/09 16:48:24 UTC

kafka java producer security to access kerberos

Hi all
Just a quick question is there any way we can pass the security protocol property to java producer client
./bin/kafka-console-producer.sh --broker-list c6401.ambari.apache.org:6667,c6402.ambari.apache.org:6667 --topic test_topic --security-protocol PLAINTEXTSASL
Any reply will be appreciated thanks

Regards

Surender Kudumula

RE: kafka java producer security to access kerberos

Posted by "Kudumula, Surender" <su...@hpe.com>.
Thank you.. Just figured it out by adding it in producer config properties for kafka java producer. Thanks ben for quick response.

Regards

Surender Kudumula
Big Data Consultant - EMEA
Analytics & Data Management

Surender.kudumula@hpe.com
M +44 7795970923

Hewlett-Packard Enterprise
Cain Rd,
Bracknell
RG12 1HN
UK

Try using the producer-property option to specify the relevant ssl properties as a set of key-value pairs.

There is some helpful info here <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Deploying+SSL+for+Kafka> too

Posted by Ben Stopford <be...@confluent.io>.
Hi Surrender