Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Jim Brikman (ybrikman)" <yb...@cisco.com> on 2008/01/10 21:12:53 UTC

Error when shutting down Tomcat

If I start Tomcat and let it run for ~30 seconds (ie, let my webapp load
completely), I can shut it down without any errors. However, if I start
Tomcat and very shortly after try to shut it down again (before my
webapp has finished loading), I get the following error in the logs:

: : Oct 26 2007 14:00:44.124 -0400: %_--: Catalina.stop:
 at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:195)
 at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.stopServer(Catalina.java:395)
 at
a:39)
 at
Impl.java:25)
 at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.stopServer(Bootstrap.java:344)
 at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:435)

Nothing else appears in the logs afterwards, so I have no idea what's
happening, but I'm pretty sure Tomcat keeps running and my webapp's
shutdown code is never called.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jim

RE: Error when shutting down Tomcat

Posted by "Jim Brikman (ybrikman)" <yb...@cisco.com>.
Is there any way to prevent this error? We use the windows service panel to start/stop Tomcat, and if we get this error, the stop command times out, the service panel shows an error and assumes the service has stopped, so you can't push stop again.

Thanks,
Jim

Posted by david delbecq <de...@oma.be>.