Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Milan Tomic <mi...@setcce.org> on 2003/12/01 15:56:42 UTC

Special characters in file names

    I got an error when parsing xml files with special characters: šđčćž
or even # character. All those characters are legal filenames characters
on Windows platform. Is there workaround?

Thank you.

Re: Special characters in file names

Posted by Alberto Massari <am...@progress.com>.
At 15.56 01/12/2003 +0100, Milan Tomic wrote:

>     I got an error when parsing xml files with special characters: ¹ðèæ¾
> or even # character. All those characters are legal filenames characters
> on Windows platform. Is there workaround?

Can you give us more details? For instance, are you using one of the
samples (using the command line to provide the path), or are you using the
Xerces API from your own code?

Alberto