Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jouanny <yj...@sopragroup.com> on 2002/03/22 15:13:41 UTC

PropertyUtils and NoClassDefFoundError WLS6.1, struts 1.0

Hello

I'm working on Weblogic 6.1 using Struts 1.0.

I'm making use of the method getPropertyDescriptor(Object object, String
name_of_Field) of  the org/apache/struts/util/PropertyUtils class in order
to get a java.beans.PropertyDescriptor.

This PropertyDescriptor is used in a class which implements Interface
java.util.Comparator in order to sort a  java.util.ArrayList with
Collections.sort(List aList, Comparator aComparator);

I get what is folowing :

Servlet failed with Exception
	java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/struts/util/PropertyUtils

struts.jar, which contains the org/apache/struts/util/PropertyUtils class,
is in Web-inf/lib.

Re: PropertyUtils and NoClassDefFoundError WLS6.1, struts 1.0

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.
It's possible that you may have to unpack the JAR with WebLogic. Be sure
to consult the installation notes on the Web site, and whatever you can
find in the archives.

http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/doc-1.0.2/installation.html

http://www.mail-archive.com/struts-user%40jakarta.apache.org/

-- Ted Husted, Husted dot Com, Fairport NY US
-- Developing Java Web Applications with Struts
-- Tel: +1 585 737-3463
-- Web: http://husted.com/about/services