Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Ignacio Silva-Lepe <is...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/24 16:07:49 UTC

NPE in databinding

I am getting a NPE in SimpleTypeMapperExtension.toJavaObject,
the full trace is in http://rafb.net/p/JMYwL280.html. After the trace
I append printouts of the source and target operation's input and
output types. Also included are the .composite and .component-
Type files in use, as well as the Java interface of the components
being referred to by TrafficAdvisoryNotificationComponent. Notice
that in that interface there is a @DataBinding annotation that is
commented out, as it does not seem to make a difference. Finally,
notice that the printed out source input type includes "Type: null"
at the end. I am not sure whether this is the cause of the NPE or
what to do to fix it. A corresponding producer-side sample uses
the exact same componentType (including the interface,wsdl) and
there is no problem, but in that case the TrafficAdvisoryNotification-
Component on the target side of the databinding, rather than on the
source side.

Any ideas?

Re: NPE in databinding

Posted by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Ignacio.

The problem seems to be on the path of transforming the "report" parameter
to a XML type expected by the WSDL. By reading your WSDL @
http://rafb.net/p/vT10ws82.html, I found the operation is not
document-literal wrapped style. The WSDL operation trafficNotification
expects an input like:

<inputBody>
    <report>
        <report>MyReport</report>
    </report>
</inputBody>

You should use a complex Type for the java method trafficNotification().

The problem should have been captured by the wiring phase, as these two
interfaces are not compatible. The current checking is a bit relaxed (name
only) and we need to enforce it as we get clearer about how to check the
compatiblity between a java method and a WSDL operation.

Thanks,
Raymond