Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Fonken, Jonathan (XTI - Redwood City)" <Jo...@xtime.com> on 2015/11/05 07:49:19 UTC

Can adding workers to worker.list and balance_workers cause an issue?

What would happen if I add workers into worker.list and balance_workers?

Option1:
worker.list=node1,node2,loadbalancer,status

worker.loadbalancer.balance_workers=node1,node2

VS

Option2:
worker.list=loadbalancer,status

worker.loadbalancer.balance_workers=node1,node2

If I went with Option1 will that cause errors with the apache LB like cause blank page loads or perhaps slow down performance?

What I am looking for is, what is the repercussions with going with Option1?

Thank You,

Jonathan Fonken
IT Sys Admin
Office: (605) 508-4359

jonathan.fonken@xtime.com
1400 Bridge Parkway, Suite 200
Redwood City, CA 94065
www.xtime.com

Re: Can adding workers to worker.list and balance_workers cause an issue?

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.
Jonathan,

On 11/5/15 1:49 AM, Fonken, Jonathan (XTI - Redwood City) wrote:
> What would happen if I add workers into worker.list and balance_workers?

No problem. It just means that you can mount those workers either using
JkMount directly or via a load-balancer.

> Option1:
> worker.list=node1,node2,loadbalancer,status
>
> worker.loadbalancer.balance_workers=node1,node2
>

> VS
>
> Option2:
> worker.list=loadbalancer,status
>
> worker.loadbalancer.balance_workers=node1,node2
>

> If I went with Option1 will that cause errors with the apache LB
> like cause blank page loads or perhaps slow down performance?

Not at all.

> What I am looking for is, what is the repercussions with going with Option1?

None at all, except a slightly larger in-memory configuration.

-chris