Posted to dev@bigtop.apache.org by Olaf Flebbe <of...@oflebbe.de> on 2015/12/08 08:36:42 UTC

The BIGTOP-2081 Blues

Hi,

Seems like the caching of artifacts almost the does an Allstar-Blues! http://ci.bigtop.apache.org/view/Packages/job/Bigtop-trunk-packages/69/. The failures because of network issues are (almost) gone.

I observed the only failure http://ci.bigtop.apache.org/view/Packages/job/Bigtop-trunk-packages/69/BUILD_ENVIRONMENTS=opensuse-13.2,COMPONENTS=hue,label=docker-slave/ several time at my site, too. It is a little bit funny since it should only detect the presence of a preinstalled header file and this occasionally fails on all linux distros at random times. Maybe this is a docker issue.  If someone has an idea, please chime in.

Olaf

Re: The BIGTOP-2081 Blues

Posted by Olaf Flebbe <of...@oflebbe.de>.
Hi,

sorry for late response -- i am approaching the usual pre-christmas stackoverflow mode .

Actually the ci job is right now more or less a proof of concept, since starting of docker containers shows massive race conditions.

I recommend to define a pre-job of to run

  docker run -d --name=nexus sonatype/nexus

on each jenkins slave  before starting Bigtop-trunk-packages

Not to forget to remove the if docker logs .. fi from the Bigtop-trunk-packages job.

And a post-job on each of the jenkins slaves.
   docker stop nexus
   docker rm -v nexus

(Important to use -v with docker-rm !)

That way we start with new nexus containers each time.

I haven't done such a thing before (How do you force to run a job on each slave?)
Evans, do you know how to configure such a thing?

Olaf

Re: The BIGTOP-2081 Blues

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
This is actually super-cool! Thanks for fixing this thingy. You totally rock!

From looking at the way we run the nexus container doesn't seem to to retain