Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Guenter Knauf <fu...@apache.org> on 2007/03/10 00:44:53 UTC

question about mod_dbd.c / apr_dbd.c

Hi all,
I was just trying to get the mod_dbd /apr_dbd stuff working for NetWare, and would like to make a suggestion regarding the DSO extension:
in apr_dbd.c we have this:
#ifdef WIN32
    sprintf(path, "apr_dbd_%s.dll", name);
#else
    apr_snprintf(path, sizeof path, APU_DSO_LIBDIR "/apr_dbd_%s.so", name);
#endif

there I'm asking me why for Win32 we have '.dll' extension although the modules are named '.so' as on Unix?
Anyway, for NetWare we need '.nlm' since our compiler is too stupid to deal properly with '.so'.
Then I see in mod_dbd.c this:
            return apr_psprintf(cmd->pool,
                                "DBD: Can't load driver file apr_dbd_%s.so",
                                cfg->name);

so here we print out '.so' extension conditionless.
Therefore I want to suggest to introduce a new define for apr.h, f.e.
#define APR_DSO_EXT "so"
and for NetWare we can then use:
#define APR_DSO_EXT "nlm"
for Win32 I'd suggest that we constantly use "so" too since the modules have this ending already....

please let me know if you agree with that or not so that I can prepare the proper patches.

thanks, Guenter.