Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Shahed Ali <sh...@enoor.com> on 2000/12/14 15:52:01 UTC

Socket Exception using Tomcat 3.2.1

Hi,

I upgraded from Tomcat 3.2 to 3.2.1 on Solaris Intel JDK 1.3 w/Apache 1.3.14 (Stronghold 3.0)

I even recompiled mod_jk.so with the 3.2.1 src/native/apache1.3 .c file. (BTW a diff -b seems to indicate that both
the TC 3.2 mod_jk.so and the 3.2.1 .so generated the same object code)

I had 2 web app configured that worked just fine under Tomcat 3.2.

Using exactly the same configuration (other than changing the paths etc) one of the apps works fine under TC 3.2.1, but the
other gives me the following stack trace and I get a 500 Internal Server Error when I go past the login page in my application.

Both the apps use the same framework for jdbc connection pooling / logging in etc etc.

The moment I reverted to Tomcat 3.2, everything works fine.

java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer: Connection reset by peer
        at java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead(Native Method)
        at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:86)
        at org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.TcpConnector.receiveFully(TcpConnector.java:150)
        at org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.TcpConnector.receive(TcpConnector.java:121)
        at org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.Ajp13ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Ajp13ConnectionHandler.java:146)
        at org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:416)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:498)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

Any idea whats going on ?

Thanks
Shahed.

Re: Socket Exception using Tomcat 3.2.1

Posted by Dan Milstein <da...@shore.net>.
A few questions:

 - Did you grab an RPM of 3.2.1, or did you build it from a cvs checkout (or tar download)?

 - Can you post a concise example of a servlet which used to work but no longer does?

Thanks,
-Dan

Dan Milstein // danmil@shore.net