Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by June Taylor <ju...@umn.edu> on 2016/04/13 16:34:42 UTC

Mesos Master and Slave on same server?

All of our node servers are identical hardware. Is it reasonable for me to
install the Mesos-Master and Mesos-Slave on the same physical hardware?

Thanks,
June Taylor
System Administrator, Minnesota Population Center
University of Minnesota

Re: Mesos Master and Slave on same server?

Posted by Adam Bordelon <ad...@mesosphere.io>.
See also my answer to
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/26597521/can-mesos-master-and-slave-nodes-be-deployed-on-the-same-machines

Posted by Stefano Bianchi <ja...@gmail.com>.
I have set an HA cluster.

Posted by Paul Bell <ar...@gmail.com>.
Hi June,

Posted by Pradeep Chhetri <pr...@gmail.com>.

wrote:

> For sure it is possible.
> Simply Mesos-master will the the resources offered by the machine on which
> is running mesos-slave also, transparently.

>> All of our node servers are identical hardware. Is it reasonable for me
>> to install the Mesos-Master and Mesos-Slave on the same physical hardware?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> June Taylor
>> System Administrator, Minnesota Population Center
>> University of Minnesota

Pradeep Chhetri

Re: Mesos Master and Slave on same server?

Posted by Stefano Bianchi <ja...@gmail.com>.
For sure it is possible.