Posted to users@solr.apache.org by "Naagar, Monika (ELS-AMS)" <m....@elsevier.com> on 2022/03/01 15:26:55 UTC

Cursor Inconsistent behaviour

Hi Team,

We are running on Solr 8.11.1. We are trying to fetch records using CursorMark
while sorting on: score+desc,publication_date_dt+desc,id+asc.

The collection is made of 5 shards, with 3 replicas each (NRT replica).

We get inconsistent results when not specifying specific replica for each shard.

For example: I am trying to use cursor for this query q="COVID-19+and+Women’s+Health".

numFound is 6

I keep on getting different value for nextCursorMark. nextCursorMark is not same as CursorMark. I am not able to finish pagination. Sometime nextCursorMark and CursorMark are same, but behavior is inconsistent.

Thank you for the help!

Best Regards,
Monika

________________________________

Elsevier B.V. Registered Office: Radarweg 29, 1043 NX Amsterdam, The Netherlands, Registration No. 33158992, Registered in The Netherlands.

Re: Cursor Inconsistent behaviour

Posted by Anshum Gupta <an...@anshumgupta.net>.
Hi Monika,

Can you clarify what it is that you mean by 'inconsistent results'? You
should expect the value of cursorMark and nextCursorMark to be the same for
the last batch and if your numFound is '6', your first batch would be your
last batch if you set the rows parameter to a value <= 6.

In case you haven't already looked at the reference guide for this, here's
the link for the same:
https://solr.apache.org/guide/8_11/pagination-of-results.html

--
Anshum Gupta