Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Abhijeeth Tulasi <ab...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/04 19:57:38 UTC

Hi .. Doc on Subversion integration with Oracle SQL Developer .. Regards, Abhi

Hi,
I am an Oracle Developer and I use "Oracle SQL Developer" IDE a lot. I was
wondering if anyone would be kind enough to refer me the setup process of
integrating Subversion with Oracle SQL Developer.
Thank you,
Abhi

Re: Hi .. Doc on Subversion integration with Oracle SQL Developer .. Regards, Abhi

Posted by Dave Levitt <da...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 2:57 PM, Abhijeeth Tulasi <ab...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I am an Oracle Developer and I use "Oracle SQL Developer" IDE a lot. I was
> wondering if anyone would be kind enough to refer me the setup process of
> integrating Subversion with Oracle SQL Developer.
> Thank you,
> Abhi

I have  SQL Developer (2.1.0.63) on my work machine. I've downloaded &
installed the svn extension 'Versioning Support for Subversion
11.1.1.2.36.55.30' from Oracle.

That seems to be a pure Java package, that uses SVNKit 1.3.0

[Just checked - a new SQL Developer was released last week]

Re: Hi .. Doc on Subversion integration with Oracle SQL Developer .. Regards, Abhi

Posted by Abhijeeth Tulasi <ab...@gmail.com>.
Dear Bob and Mark,
Thanks for your replies. "Oracle SQL Developer"  is not a Windows Tool (Not
a Microsoft Tool like Visual Studio). Its a tool developed by Oracle Corp.
and they claim to have close integration with Subversion. Kindly have a
quick look at this link
http://www.oracle.com/technology/oramag/oracle/08-jul/o48sql.html.
Though they have the tutorial for its usage, it does not have any doc on its
installation/integration/setup process. Kindly let me know or forward me to
any info that you might have.
Thanks you and appreciate you response,
Abhi

Posted by Bob Archer <Bo...@amsi.com>.
> .. Regards, Abhi

> >> was
> process
> >> of

> >> AnkhSVN is not a Windows SCC provider.  It is an integration
> >> specifically for modern versions of Visual Studio.
> >>

> > That used to be true... but from the project web site:
> >
> > In February 2008 the decision was made to rewrite the AnkhSVN engine to
> create a full Source Code Control Package (SCC) for Visual Studio 2005,
> 2008 and later on top of the new SharpSvn library. The new engine will be
> the base of the new 2.X releases which saw its initial release in June
> 2008. This new version integrates deeply in Visual Studio to give better
> performance, stability and usability. The new Pending Changes window gives
> an up-to-date overview of all your project actions and provides easy
> access to most subversion commands.
>

> You are confusing this usage of (SCC) with the old Microsoft Source
> Code Control Interface (MSSCCI) which was the API that a lot of older
> IDE's used to implement so that Source Safe worked with them.
>
> From the FAQ:
> http://ankhsvn.open.collab.net/wiki/Faq/#head-
> c716115ea60f783551e22b1d6d505f0e3aa3a014
>
> Can I use AnkhSVN 2.X as MSSCCI provider in applications other than
> Visual Studio?
>
> No, AnkhSVN 2.x implements the newer SCC implementation for Visual
> Studio 2005 and later. The older MSSCCI implementation forced all
> implementations to use the check-out check-in idiom (including making
> files read-only).
>
> The newer VAPI SCC implementation implemented by AnkhSVN 2.x doesn't
> have these limitations and allows our implementation to integrate
> deeper in Visual Studio.

Hmm... I wasn't aware there was a new SCC provider spec. Interesting.

BOb

Re: Hi .. Doc on Subversion integration with Oracle SQL Developer .. Regards, Abhi

Posted by Mark Phippard <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mark Phippard <ma...@gmail.com>.

--
Thanks

Mark Phippard
http://markphip.blogspot.com/

RE: Hi .. Doc on Subversion integration with Oracle SQL Developer .. Regards, Abhi

Posted by Bob Archer <Bo...@amsi.com>.

Posted by Mark Phippard <ma...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 3:21 PM, Bob Archer <Bo...@amsi.com> wrote:
>> I am an Oracle Developer and I use "Oracle SQL Developer" IDE a lot. I was
>> wondering if anyone would be kind enough to refer me the setup process of
>> integrating Subversion with Oracle SQL Developer.
>> Thank you,
>> Abhi
>
> Is that a Windows tool? If so, does it support the SCC providers?
>
> If yes to both of those you could try Ankha
> http://ankhsvn.open.collab.net/

AnkhSVN is not a Windows SCC provider.  It is an integration
specifically for modern versions of Visual Studio.

Oracle's JDeveloper IDE has nice SVN integration built in, is free,
and can be used for development of any type of Oracle application (at
least that was my impression).  I'd look at it first to see if it
provides the tools you need.

http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/jdev/index.html

--
Thanks

Mark Phippard
http://markphip.blogspot.com/

RE: Hi .. Doc on Subversion integration with Oracle SQL Developer .. Regards, Abhi

Posted by Bob Archer <Bo...@amsi.com>.
> I am an Oracle Developer and I use "Oracle SQL Developer" IDE a lot. I was
> wondering if anyone would be kind enough to refer me the setup process of
> integrating Subversion with Oracle SQL Developer.
> Thank you,
> Abhi

Is that a Windows tool? If so, does it support the SCC providers?

If yes to both of those you could try Ankha
http://ankhsvn.open.collab.net/

If not, I guess you can use the svn CLI or if you are on Windows TortoiseSVN to work with your checked out working copy.

BOb