Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/24 00:33:15 UTC

why not tomee?

Hi guys,

just saw http://emmanuel-pavaux.blogspot.fr/2012_06_01_archive.html (ok it
is in french but will explain)

the guy explains at the end that not choosing an open source JEE6 server (i
let you guess which one ;)) and to pay for a server can be reasonable
because
1) the datasource pool config is better
2) remote ejb
3) rest
4) soap webservices
5) timer

...we have these stuff so maybe we don't speak enough about it in our
slides and we speak too much about fun and Web Profile

wdyt?

*Romain Manni-Bucau*

Re: why not tomee?

Posted by dsh <da...@gmail.com>.
Well I saw a somehow, IMHO biased comparison between WebSphere Liberty
Profile and Apache Tomcat. Both were positioned as app servers. I
asked why they don't compare app servers with app servers (i.e.
Liberty Profile with Apache TomEE) instead of app servers with servlet
containers. The answer was: customers ask for Apache Tomcat so we
compare with what customers are asking for. I as well thought that our
marketing may not address this. E.g. it should be common sense that
you should pick TomEE if you like to use an app server and not Tomcat.
Maybe it's just that way cause Tomcat has a history and TomEE doesn't
have one yet...

Cheers
Daniel

Re: why not tomee?

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

great you can enhance it,

about timer not sure, @Schedule i guess (was not explicitely said in the
blog post)

about tomcat config i think he spoke about tomcat-jdbc (which is now
supported)

*Romain Manni-Bucau*

Re: why not tomee?

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@japila.pl>.