Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by dovle <do...@delsyne.ro> on 2001/10/19 20:12:48 UTC

Null obects question

Hi soap-people ,

I hope you could give me an explanation about this .

Suppose I have a class X
class X
{
	int num ;
	Y obj ;
}

and a class Y that is contained in the X class .

I send the xml from other soap client than the apache soap to apache soap
server. But suppose I have the Y object null . My client sends the xml in the
next form

<x xsd:type:"ns1:X" ... >
	<num ... >10</num>
</x>

because the Y is null . I get ( from the server ) the next exception :
Error building envelope : java.lang.NullPointerException ...
Is this the correct XML form that I should send or there should be a tag for
the Y object , even if this object is null ?

Please answer ,
dovle .