Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by Justin Mason <jm...@jmason.org> on 2006/01/04 20:25:05 UTC

monitoring.apache.org watching out for us

http://monitoring.apache.org/status/ is now monitoring
SpamAssassin.zones.apache.org.  It'll mail here if things fall over.

--j.

Re: monitoring.apache.org watching out for us

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Jan 04, 2006 at 12:19:58PM -0800, Justin Mason wrote:
> Feel free to work up a patch against infrastructure/trunk/nagios.  Guess
> who's been volunteered ;)

Yeah, if I wasn't all hectic this week (see previous mail) I'd do
something now.  It looks like they're not monitoring DNS at all, which
seems bad, so I wonder if they have the plugin installed.  Which machine
does the monitoring?  I only have access to minotaur and ajax, and it
doesn't look like either of them.

Since you just got access iirc, can you prod and find out if
/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_dns exists?  Adding in the check is easy
after that:

check_dns -s spamassassin.zones.apache.org -H spamassassin.org -A

and for apache.org which ought to be monitored if it isn't already:

check_dns -s minotaur.apache.org -H apache.org -A

interesting...  I just noticed someone setup minotaur to serve up
spamassassin.org.  Have to have folks remove that named.conf entry too.

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
"Neighbors!!  We got neighbors!  We ain't supposed to have any neighbors, and

Re: monitoring.apache.org watching out for us

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Jan 04, 2006 at 11:25:05AM -0800, Justin Mason wrote:
> http://monitoring.apache.org/status/ is now monitoring
> SpamAssassin.zones.apache.org.  It'll mail here if things fall over.

Cool!  We should also add in a check_dns for "spamassassin.org" against the
zones instance, make sure named is running and serving things up
appropriately.

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
"I suppose one could claim that an undocumented feature has no