Posted to dev@iotdb.apache.org by Xiangdong Huang <sa...@gmail.com> on 2019/01/25 11:25:58 UTC

Scrum or Kanban Board on JIRA

Hi all,

I opened a ticket to apply for create a board for IoTDB. Now I have the
permission.

My question is: Which one do you want? Scrum or Kanban Board?

Best,
-----------------------------------
Xiangdong Huang
School of Software, Tsinghua University

 黄向东
清华大学 软件学院

Re: Scrum or Kanban Board on JIRA

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> I think the model and roles of Scrum is a bit complicated which is not fit
> for our team.

What about the community as a whole, remember they need to participate, most agile methodologies are ceremony heavy and require things are certain times, and this usually mean it’s difficult for a global community to participate. Also remember that all decisions need to be made (or brought back to for discussion) on the mailing list, not in a stand up or off list meeting.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: Scrum or Kanban Board on JIRA

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
+1 for Kanban, it's more stratforward. We don't need to spend lot of
time to let newbee understand it.
Anyway, it's always good to write some documents to show how to use
the tools for development.

Willem Jiang

Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem