Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Mark Hindess <ma...@googlemail.com> on 2007/10/04 18:34:55 UTC

Re: [general] Eclipse Launcher Problem (was Re: [general][M3] release r580985 as M3 stable build)

On 4 October 2007 at 16:36, "Sian January" <si...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Sorry - I think I should have started another thread for this discussion so
> we don't clutter up the M3 thread.  Please reply here.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Sian
>

> On 04/10/2007, Sian January <si...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Thanks Gregory.  So I guess the launcher is using JNI rather than java.exet
> o start Eclipse when the jre directory exists.
> >
> > By the way, this was also failing for me with the IBM VME.  Does it make
> > sense that it would have the same bug?

I think there was a bug (crash in the luni JNI on load code, luniglob.c,
with portlib == NULL) when using the invocation API but I thought this
had been fixed.  Perhaps we only thought about fixing it. (luniglob.c
should probably create portlib if it is NULL.)

-Mark.

Re: [general] Eclipse Launcher Problem (was Re: [general][M3] release r580985 as M3 stable build)

Posted by Sian January <si...@googlemail.com>.
Hello,

Sorry it's taken me a while to get back to this, but this is still failing
for me with HARMONY-4006 committed so I think it must be a different issue.
I've raised HARMONY-4951 (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-4951)
for this issue in case anyone is able to look at it, as I'm not a launcher
or VM expert myself!  I'm happy to try and get some more debug information
out though if anyone can direct me on how to do that.

Thanks,

Sian

--
Unless stated otherwise above:
741598.

Re: [general] Eclipse Launcher Problem (was Re: [general][M3] release r580985 as M3 stable build)

Posted by Gregory Shimansky <gs...@gmail.com>.

--
Gregory

Re: [general] Eclipse Launcher Problem (was Re: [general][M3] release r580985 as M3 stable build)

Posted by Sian January <si...@googlemail.com>.