Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Sylvain Lebresne <sy...@datastax.com> on 2011/09/14 17:56:53 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Cassandra 1.0.0-beta1

It's been a week since the freeze and we don't have too many open tickets for
1.0.0. It seems like a good time to get the first beta out. Note that this is
not a release candidate yet, so the goal is more to get some wider testing, to
get bugs found sooner than later. There is a few tickets open that will need
to be fixed (CASSANDRA-3203 is one), but nothing that sound like a deal
breaker as far as testing is concerned.

I thus propose the following artifacts for release as 1.0.0-beta1

SVN: https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cassandra/branches/cassandra-1.0.0@r1170682
Artifacts: https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecassandra-059/org/apache/cassandra/apache-cassandra/1.0.0-beta1/
Staging repository:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecassandra-059/

The artifacts as well as a debian package are also available here:
http://people.apache.org/~slebresne/

Because the 1.0.0 branch has had fair testing from at least a few of us since
the freeze and because we need to get things moving if we want to have a
chance to met our original October 8th release date, I propose a shorter 24h
vote (longer if needed).

[1]: http://goo.gl/W9C8j (CHANGES.txt)
[2]: http://goo.gl/XHtVJ (NEWS.txt)

--
Sylvain

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Cassandra 1.0.0-beta1

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
Jonathan Ellis
Project Chair, Apache Cassandra

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Cassandra 1.0.0-beta1

Posted by Jake Luciani <ja...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
http://twitter.com/tjake

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Cassandra 1.0.0-beta1

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Brandon Williams <dr...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Sylvain Lebresne <sy...@datastax.com>.
I'm counting 3 binding +1's, 5 other +1's and no -1's. The vote pass.
I'll get the artifacts published.

--
Sylvain

Posted by Iroiso <ir...@live.com>.
On 9/14/2011 9:51 PM, Vijay wrote:
> +1
> Regards,
> </VJ>
>

> On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 8:56 AM, Sylvain Lebresne<sy...@datastax.com>wrote:
>
>> It's been a week since the freeze and we don't have too many open tickets
>> for
>> 1.0.0. It seems like a good time to get the first beta out. Note that this
>> is
>> not a release candidate yet, so the goal is more to get some wider testing,
>> get bugs found sooner than later. There is a few tickets open that will
>> need
>> to be fixed (CASSANDRA-3203 is one), but nothing that sound like a deal
>> breaker as far as testing is concerned.
>>
>> I thus propose the following artifacts for release as 1.0.0-beta1
>>
>> SVN:
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cassandra/branches/cassandra-1.0.0@r1170682
>> Artifacts:
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecassandra-059/org/apache/cassandra/apache-cassandra/1.0.0-beta1/
>> Staging repository:
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecassandra-059/
>>
>> The artifacts as well as a debian package are also available here:
>> http://people.apache.org/~slebresne/
>>
>> Because the 1.0.0 branch has had fair testing from at least a few of us
>> since
>> the freeze and because we need to get things moving if we want to have a
>> chance to met our original October 8th release date, I propose a shorter
>> 24h
>> vote (longer if needed).
>>
>> [1]: http://goo.gl/W9C8j (CHANGES.txt)
>> [2]: http://goo.gl/XHtVJ (NEWS.txt)
>>
>> --
>> Sylvain

+1
Regards;
Iroiso

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Cassandra 1.0.0-beta1

Posted by Vijay <vi...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Gary Dusbabek <gd...@gmail.com>.
+1