Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Charl Gerber <ch...@yahoo.com> on 2004/10/25 21:01:48 UTC

Cannot find message resources under key org.apache.struts.action.MESSAGE

I've upgraded from Struts 1.1 to 1.2.4. The only
changes are the new jars and ActionError has been
replaced by ActionMessage. Nothing else. Now I get the
exception:

Cannot find message resources under key
org.apache.struts.action.MESSAGE

I read it might have something to do with xml parsers,
but I have made sure that only xerces 2.6.2 is in my
WEB-INF/lib.

Any other ideas what this could be?

Thanks.

RE: Cannot find message resources under key org.apache.struts.action.MESSAGE

Posted by Charl Gerber <ch...@yahoo.com>.
OK, I got it working.... it seems you know HAVE to
specify the resouces in the struts configuration as

<message-resources parameter="ApplicationResources"/>

and not in the web.xml anymore as a parameter to the
action servlet.

Might be helpful to other people.

Charl

parameter="com.systemmobile.example.ApplicationResources"/>

Posted by Charl Gerber <ch...@yahoo.com>.