Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de> on 2002/04/29 15:52:47 UTC

Donating the Store to Avalon

Hi,

as the xslt-processor has moved from cocoon to excalibur we have
the need for a general store component in excalibur as well.

Cocoon has a simple implementation with the addition of a StoreJanitor
observing the free memory of the JVM and cleaning up the stores
if low memory occurs

(http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/userdocs/concepts/storejanitor.html)

So, Cocooner what do you think of donating this to Excalibur?
And Avaloners would you accept this?

Cheers
Carsten

Re: Donating the Store to Avalon

Posted by Peter Royal <pr...@apache.org>.
On Monday 29 April 2002 06:58 pm, Jeff Turner wrote:
> > as the xslt-processor has moved from cocoon to excalibur we have
> > the need for a general store component in excalibur as well.
> >
> > So, Cocooner what do you think of donating this to Excalibur?
> > And Avaloners would you accept this?

+1 for accepting.
-pete

--
peter royal -> proyal@apache.org

Re: Donating the Store to Avalon

Posted by Peter Royal <pr...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jeff Turner <je...@socialchange.net.au>.
On Mon, Apr 29, 2002 at 03:52:47PM +0200, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> as the xslt-processor has moved from cocoon to excalibur we have
> the need for a general store component in excalibur as well.
>
> Cocoon has a simple implementation with the addition of a StoreJanitor
> observing the free memory of the JVM and cleaning up the stores
> if low memory occurs
>
> (http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/userdocs/concepts/storejanitor.html)
>
> So, Cocooner what do you think of donating this to Excalibur?
> And Avaloners would you accept this?

+1 if Gerhard's happy.

--Jeff

Posted by Jeff Turner <je...@socialchange.net.au>.

Posted by giacomo <gi...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 29 Apr 2002, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> Hi,
>
> as the xslt-processor has moved from cocoon to excalibur we have
> the need for a general store component in excalibur as well.
>
> Cocoon has a simple implementation with the addition of a StoreJanitor
> observing the free memory of the JVM and cleaning up the stores
> if low memory occurs
>
> (http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/userdocs/concepts/storejanitor.html)
>
> So, Cocooner what do you think of donating this to Excalibur?
> And Avaloners would you accept this?

Absolutely +1

Giacomo

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.
> From: Carsten Ziegeler [mailto:cziegeler@s-und-n.de]
>
> Hi,
>
> as the xslt-processor has moved from cocoon to excalibur we have
> the need for a general store component in excalibur as well.
>
> Cocoon has a simple implementation with the addition of a StoreJanitor
> observing the free memory of the JVM and cleaning up the stores
> if low memory occurs
>
> (http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/userdocs/concepts/storejanitor.html)
>
> So, Cocooner what do you think of donating this to Excalibur?
> And Avaloners would you accept this?

How about finishing faster implementation that I started? Or this can be
done after migration as well?

Vadim

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.

Posted by giacomo <gi...@apache.org>.