Posted to dev@carbondata.apache.org by Jatin Demla <ja...@knoldus.in> on 2017/07/03 11:45:35 UTC

Integrate Document Checker

Hi Community,

I was doing some modification in documentation of the carbondata and I
realize that there is no tool integrated in CI for checking markdown
document styling and correctness of the syntax. Ideally there should be a
verification tool to ensure correctness of markdown syntaxes.

In our in-house projects we have been using multiple markdown style checker
tools. We can integrate either of them in the Carbondata. Following below
are two tools that we have been using :

1. MarkdownLint : MarkdownLint is written in ruby and is distributed as a
rubygem which contains in-built 41 rules. It provide flexibility of adding
new rule and modifying the existing rules.

2. Remark : Remark is an npm based tool for checking markdown styles. It
provides a variety of plugins for formatting and style checking of md
files. There is a wide range of rules available as plugins. Plugins can be
installed and integrated by a simple command of npm.

Remark is better tool than markdown lint as rules are easily available
through plugins and its easy to integrate. Attached below is the detailed
information about the two respectively.

--
Thanks & Regards
Jatin

Re: Integrate Document Checker

Posted by Erlu Chen <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jatin,

Agree with you.

Carbondata community need such useful tools to increase the quality of
document.

Thanks.

Regards.
Chenerlu.