Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "Guillermo D. Castellon" <gd...@fgm.com> on 2004/03/10 20:00:31 UTC

Using Apache & Subversion with Active Directory as an authentication method with LDAP servers

All:

Does anyone know if we can setup a subversion server to authenticate through
Active Directory?

If any has actually achieved this configuration can you share your
knowledge?

Thank you,

Guillermo D. Castellon

Software Configuration Manager

FGM

<http://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.py?Pyt=Tmap&addr=12021+Sunset+Hills+Rd+Suite+
400%2C+Reston%2C+VA+20190+&csz=12021+Sunset+Hills+Rd+Suite+400%2C+Reston%2C+
VA+20190+&country=us> 12021 Sunset Hills Rd Suite 400, Reston, VA 20190

 <ma...@fgm.com> gdcastellon@fgm.com

tel:

703-478-2723 XT 1246

 <http://(null)/signature> Powered by Plaxo

 <http://(null)/signature> Want a signature like this?

 <https://www.plaxo.com/add_me?u=8590196189&v0=514519&k0=1316881744> Add me
to your address book...

Re: Using Apache & Subversion with Active Directory as an authentication method with LDAP servers

Posted by Dominic Anello <da...@danky.com>.
On 2004-03-10 15:00:31 -0500, Guillermo D. Castellon wrote:
> All:
> Does anyone know if we can setup a subversion server to authenticate through
> Active Directory?
>
> If any has actually achieved this configuration can you share your
> knowledge?

Yhis probably isn't exactly what you are looking for, but it is a start.

The following will authenticate a regular WebDAV share against
ActiveDirectory using LDAP (you have to build apache with --enable-ldap
and --enable-auth-ldap).  Replace the stuff in <> with whatever is
appropriate to your site.

However, when you toss svn into the mix, it fails - keeps asking for a
password.  I didn't have the time or apache skillz to track down the
cause of the failure, but perhaps someone else on the list has the
secret sauce?

-Dominic

LoadModule ldap_module modules/mod_ldap.so
LoadModule auth_ldap_module modules/mod_auth_ldap.so

Alias /dav-test /tmp

<Location /dav-test>
    DAV on

    Options Indexes

    AuthLDAPURL ldap://<ad-server>/CN=Users,DC=<ad-domain>,DC=<company-domain>,DC=com?sAMAccountName?sub?(objectClass=user)
    AuthLDAPBindDN "<ad-domain>\Administrator"
    AuthLDAPBindPassword <password>
    AuthType Basic
    AuthName "ldap AD Test"
    Require  valid-user
</Location>

Re: Using Apache & Subversion with Active Directory as an authentication method with LDAP servers

Posted by Dominic Anello <da...@danky.com>.
On 2004-03-10 20:39:22 -0800, Jeff Bowden wrote:
> http://subversion.tigris.org/servlets/ReadMsg?list=users&msgNo=5957

Actually that message was a bit premature, I had gotten LDAP working and
assumed that since it was using Basic auth that it would mix with svn,
but alas, when I got svn compiled and added my working LDAP config I
could no longer authenticate.

Sorry for the bad info :(

error.log had this to say:
[Sat Mar 06 20:13:23 2004] [warn] [client 172.28.104.225] [31731] auth_ldap authenticate: user danello authentication failed; URI /ec-svn/branches/eCommerce/ [ldap_simple_bind_s() to check user credentials failed][Invalid credentials], referer: http://lynx/ec-svn/branches/

Re: Using Apache & Subversion with Active Directory as an authentication method with LDAP servers

Posted by Jeff Bowden <jl...@houseofdistraction.com>.